Application and Removal Guide
Step up your home mani game
1. Wash your hands and dry them thoroughly.
2. Apply sunscreen to your hands 15-30 minutes before the following Steps. Avoid getting sunscreen on your nails and wipe off if you do.
3. Using the curved side of the Gelous Nail File, gently push back your cuticles. This provides a clean surface for the gel polish to stick to, while creating longer, more even looking nails.
4. Using the 180 grit side (fine side) of the Gelous Nail File, file your nails to the desired shape, making sure the edges of each nail are smooth.
5. Using the same strength side of the nail file, gently buff the entire surface of each nail. Make sure the whole nail appears dull (not shiny) from the buffing, paying particular attention to the sides of the nails and around the cuticle, as this is where lifting may occur prematurely if they are not buffed correctly.
6. Apply warm water to a Lint Free Wipe and thoroughly clean the nails, under the nails and around the cuticles.
7. Apply a thin coat of the Gelous Base Coat to your nails. Thinner is better to ensure proper curing.
8. To apply your polish, start a bit above the cuticle and ‘push’ the nail polish gently towards it, leaving a thin gap between the edge of the polish and your cuticle. Following this, pull one stroke up the centre, one up each side and finally ‘cap’ the nail by running the brush horizontally over the tip. Aim to avoid getting any polish on your skin or cuticle, however if you do, remove it with an Orangewood Cuticle Stick or Lint Free Pad before curing.
9. Place your first hand inside the Gelous UV/LED Lamp and press the 60S button to start the 48W 60 second countdown timer. Cure for the full 60 seconds, then repeat with your second hand.
10. Apply 2-3 thin coats of Gelous Colour Coat and cure after each coat as outlined in Steps 8-9.
11. Apply a thin coat of the Gelous Top Coat and cure as outlined in Steps 8-9.
12. Apply Gelous Cuticle Oil to the areas around your nails.
13. You have then completed the treatment and will have a durable, professional looking polish that will last up to two weeks.
1. Using the 100 grit side (rough side) of the Gelous Nail File, gently buff the surface of the nail polish to break the seal and remove the shiny top coat.
2. Soak a Lint Free Pad in nail polish remover and place on top of your nail.
3. Clip on the Gelous Nail Polish Removal Clips, pressing down once your finger is inside. It is easiest to do the pointer finger and thumb of your dominant hand last, or do one hand at a time.
4. Leave on for 15 minutes, then remove Gelous Nail Polish Removal Clips and Lint Free Pads.
5. Gently remove the Gelous Gel Nail Polish by using an Orangewood Cuticle Stick to push the polish off. Go in the direction your nail grows, from right above the cuticle to the tip, taking care not to press into the nail. If the nail polish doesn’t come off easily, you may need to soak your nails for longer. This could be because the nails weren’t buffed enough, or the layers of nail polish were quite thick.
5. Lightly buff your nails with the 180 grit side (fine side) of the Gelous Nail File to smooth the surface of your nails.
6. Apply Gelous Cuticle Oil to the nails and skin surrounding your nails.
Looking for more tips? Read our Commonly Asked Questions.
The more often you use Gelous, the easier it is to apply. One of the benefits of gel polish is that it doesn’t dry like normal nail polish, so you can make sure your manicure is perfect before you use the UV/LED lamp to set it!